Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (878 Views)
Posted by: FrankD. (IP Logged)
Date: July 23, 2018 07:13AM

Rocky,

We have brushed on this conversation briefly in the backyard(by the way UB woke up from a nap on Saturday saying where’s Rocky and called you...) as to the Bots involvement in pick 4’s & 5’s. If they are playing them at all their advantage is negated by having to rely on their pre race & double will pay & probables data on the first 2 legs only. They definitely play the pick 3’s and have effected their payouts. They definitely can pluck out info as to live tickets etc....

In 2016 a former poster here & a journalist obtained betting printouts & percentages from NYRA (not easily or willingly) their findings did not have them dipping into the 4’s & 5’s. As you would surmise they were predominantly vertical per their biggest edge. I’m sure with their direct access to the pools a lack of a NYRA Bets account would not prevent their involvement......

Fairmount’s complaint/theory comes from he and many of his mid west friends that cannot play it. Bordering New Jersey residents could not open NYRA accounts, not sure if that is still the case? One I know used a family members address in NY to get in. I understand the frustration of a lot players throughout the country have, they cannot participate in a pick 5 on Belmont Stakes or Travers days.

I would be hard pressed to believe that any serious daily horse players, (REMEMBER THEM) haven’t found access through some channel to participate.
I completely understand NYRA’s marketing to build their own ADW into a national presence. Unfortunately via archaic and ridiculous laws in several states many are not able to jump into this pool.

A perfect example of this is Capital OTB in upstate NY is stil bound to a harness industry agreement from the dark ages. There are certain weekday evenings where you cannot bet Thoroughbreds after 7:30 PM. Yeah you can’t make this stuff up, no Delmar late double but you can play into Batavia’s 3k pools.....

Subject Written By Posted
Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (1439 Views) JohnTChance 07/22/2018 07:58AM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (955 Views) Dana666 07/22/2018 12:26PM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (896 Views) philywheel 07/22/2018 01:27PM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (812 Views) Mathcapper 07/22/2018 08:45PM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (820 Views) Fairmount1 07/22/2018 09:35PM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (925 Views) Mathcapper 07/22/2018 11:32PM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (878 Views) FrankD. 07/23/2018 07:13AM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (729 Views) Mathcapper 07/23/2018 12:30PM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (783 Views) BB 07/22/2018 05:49PM
Re: Saratoga Pick-5 vs. Del Mar Pick-5 yesterday... (801 Views) Dana666 07/22/2018 07:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.