Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (880 Views)
Posted by: jimbo66 (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2004 12:34AM

I have spent my last $25 on the T-Graph analysis product after today's card at Saratoga. I know we all have bad days handicapping and we lose money, but I just don't see how some of these horses became selections. I posted a few weeks ago about what I perceived to be a lack of "common sense" handicapping missing in the product and JB was nice enough to reply, but I didn't hear from anybody else. Anybody actually play the selections at SAratoga today?

Let me explain what I mean by "common sense" handicapping. It isn't meant to be a "shot" at TGraph. What I mean are handicapping angles/tools that an average handicapper would be be able to use.

Race 1, the selection was Royal Rapids and Hristoforos. It was a nx1 allowance race and Hristoforos was 1 for 36 lifetime. I know T-graph doesn't consider "class", but betting on maidens that have lost 15 to 20 times in the same condition or horses that can never clear their nx1 condition is a "common sense" bad bet. Of course in 36 starts the horse had some good figures and slugged up for 3rd or 4th with lost ground afew times. And Royal Rapids is worse. I can bet shippers from small tracks when the Trainer is good. Betting on seemingly "outclassed" shippers trained by Jonathan Shepperd, Graham Motion, Michael Dickinson, etc. can be a profitable angle. But betting on a 15k claimer from Colonial trained by Marialice Coffey and ridden by Ray Ganpath to win an allowance race at Saratoga is tough to do.

Race 2. T-Graph selects the 1 to 2 shot entry from Pletcher to use in doubles. I can't criticize the selection other than to say, if you were going to pick a 1 to 2 shot, you should have just "passed" the race. I doubt the kind of betters paying $25 for the sheets and the analysis want 1 to 2 shots.

Race 3. Holiday Lady to run a "big one". Dead last.

Race 4. Lonesome Too, win and place. 2nd to last.

Race 5. Amenuensis. 2nd to last. The horse has 2 lifetime wins, they were good figures, but BOTH WERE OVER A WET TRACK. That has to be discounted. That is what I mean by "blindly playing figures" without doing any handicapping.

Race 6. No bet due to scratch.

Race 7. 2 to 5 shot Midas Eyes to win. What can I say? "Pass" or take a stab at the exacta?

Race 8. A three horse box of the even money favorite with the horses that ran last and 2nd to last.

Race 9. Pass.

I apologize for the "acid" in my email, but I am an unhappy customer. I have seen value in the trainer stats and the raw figures from T-graph over the past 3 months, but I give up on the analysis. I am going to take one "potshot" to end the email. I don't know about the Ragozin numbers and I don't know what kind of handicapper Len Ragozin is, but if JB is the one doing the T-Graph analysis, he should be careful about challenging anybody to handicapping contests. Stick to figure making.

Subject Written By Posted
Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (880 Views) jimbo66 08/26/2004 12:34AM
Re: Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (424 Views) Lucy 08/26/2004 01:58AM
Re: Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (449 Views) Upper Nile 08/26/2004 08:03AM
Re: Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (473 Views) jimbo66 08/26/2004 12:50PM
Re: Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (479 Views) Lucy 08/26/2004 01:05PM
Re: Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (435 Views) TGJB 08/26/2004 01:07PM
Re: Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (468 Views) derby1592 08/26/2004 01:30PM
Re: class + pace (518 Views) Lucy 08/26/2004 01:57PM
Re: Wednesday's T-Graph Analysis at Saratoga (519 Views) TGJB 08/26/2004 12:57PM
Re: Royal Rapids - Holiday Lady (456 Views) Catalin 08/26/2004 08:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.