Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Bob Fortus Memorial stake on 12/26 (758 Views)
Posted by: Molesap (IP Logged)
Date: December 26, 2019 12:05AM

[b]Moonlight Garden[/b] seems tough to beat at a price that will likely be around even money. Her worst races in the past year have been as good as the best races from most of these. She comes into this race with 28 days of intervening rest and has two works since her last. Cox had been able to get three good runs that would likely win this race if she ran back to them and two OK runs that are still competitive with all of the field. She has a record of 3-1-1-1 at FG and 11-3-4-2-at the distance. Connections are about as solid as they come – in my book she is the most likely winner. However, as Bet Twice noted, [b]Out for a Spin[/b] looks like she could be an overlay here if her morning line odds hold up. She jumped up with a huge win in the Ashland at big odds, then flopped in the Kentucky Oaks. She was then put on the shelf for six months and came back to ran a nonthreatening third in what to me, seemed like a better than looked effort while earning her second best lifetime figure, which is competitive with most of the field. Given she is about to become a 4YO in a week so she may have matured in that six months off, I think there is a reasonable chance she still has a forward move in her. If she does, she should be competitive in this field. I do not see her getting back to her lowest figure from the Ashland, but do see her improving enough to hit the exacta. I also think she could be the controlling pace and speed is always dangerous on the front end. For any exotics, I am leaning heavily on these two - so ultimately I agree with Bet Twice for the most part here.

Subject Written By Posted
While Your Focused on Tracks NOT Running How About The Ones That Are - Fairgrounds (1299 Views) Silver Charm 12/22/2019 10:42AM
Re: While Your Focused on Tracks NOT Running How About The Ones That Are - Fairgrounds (811 Views) shanahan 12/22/2019 04:35PM
Re: While Your Focused on Tracks NOT Running How About The Ones That Are - Fairgrounds (735 Views) Silver Charm 12/22/2019 06:51PM
Bob Fortus Memorial stake on 12/26 (908 Views) Bet Twice 12/22/2019 08:22PM
Re: Bob Fortus Memorial stake on 12/26 (758 Views) Molesap 12/26/2019 12:05AM
Re: Bob Fortus Memorial stake on 12/26 (752 Views) BitPlayer 12/26/2019 06:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.