6 whole days without a new post on this board... (367 Views)
Posted by: shanahan
Date: January 03, 2020 06:11AM
A few notes on GP this past week:
1. Paco Lopez - is he capable of single digit winners? Or just big prices? Helluva week, won a biggie for me but also outrode some great turf riders in knocking me out of 2 pik 6's.
2. Turf breeding disappeared at GP since last saturday. No idea why, but it's worth noting. # 1 above is related. For me, it was breeding on turf combined with $$/start. No mas. And it's too early in the meet to see the sand fly up on the grass.
3. Why can't the "Great Race Place" get full fields every race? 45 million people in SoCal. 45K in Hot Springs. Yes, I know the entertainment $$ only goes so far in SoCal, but really? (Point is made in 2014/15/16/17/18/19 as well). And MIke Wellman and that radio bunch out there think it's the only place on earth to see real racing. It is for 6-7 horse fields. He's insufferable. But one of the great shills in the business...
4. Like the other 2 dozen or so that posted "thanks" to TG for the gift, I appreciate it. Allows me to look at a lot of things I can't afford to before they run the races at lots of tracks. I never use the redboard room except for analysis (see what I missed). I wonder and would appreciate knowing how many posters take time to look at the info a day after...I admire your diligence.
5. Alan, I think and pray for you every time I log on. I know I am not alone here.
Best for 2020. The one thing I learned in 2019 is that dumb luck pays out just as much as smarts (Derby).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.