Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (727 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: November 03, 2020 09:44PM

Richiebee,

I think I read where finding NYRA positive tests for anyone is like finding Santa Claus at the North Pole. It ain't happening. So that Acorn...Hmmm...one for the ages. This guy has more hall of fame performances and horses in his barn than anyone in the history of the game b/c "he gets better stock." Love that argument. Guess Pletcher doesn't get the best stock anymore. Or he forgot how to train.

Ultimately though, here is my question with the "better stock" argument. If he really is just getting all the horses that are many lengths faster than why would he possibly have to ever use these therapeutic medications whatsoever? Wouldn't they be able to run clean (dare I say even without lasix)...I mean Completely Clean. Bob would lead you to believe that they do but he has lots and lots of contamination issues dating back to the morphine positive near the turn of the century.

Guy has 3 horses in the Classic. How do you bet this race? Max Sec been working like a superhorse lately with this as the goal all year, Improbable likely fav after getting WinStar some Breeding hype and value with summer G1 glory while putting Max in backseat, and My Racehorse's Less than Authentic Transparency about ownership whose Derby winner's circle antics screamed hyped up on some serious Oats and Hay. Hey, if people can play this race with confidence with the Battle Of Bafferts (the BOB's), then more power to you. I'll wager a few bucks but nothing serious on that race... likely involved as part of a p5 if I make it that far. For people to say this is one of the best Classic's in recent memory is outlandish to me but hey each is entitled to their opinion just like in the voting booth today.

Good hearing from you. Love the post. Broberg an awesome follow on Twitter. You really should check twitter out just to follow all these guys for the entertainment. For now, enjoy this gem of an article below. Click on the article with Baffert's face.

Handicapping front, Serengetti gives Gamine no shot to win as they battle royale on the front end. Likely sets up for a horse like Bell's the One but cheering for Inthemidstofbiz to hit the board, once owned by close friends at Fairmount. I saw her several times at Margaux Farm in Kentucky, a beautiful place where they had high hopes for her before Wayne Catalano cast her off as a 20k claimer much to my shock. The trainer always knows more than the handicapper hahahaha....

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Bob-Pandolfo-Horseracing-Integrity-Safety-Act-

Subject Written By Posted
Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (1414 Views) Fairmount1 10/22/2020 09:35PM
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (893 Views) wrongly1 10/27/2020 02:03PM
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (758 Views) Fairmount1 11/02/2020 06:00PM
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (776 Views) bluechip21 11/02/2020 07:17PM
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (781 Views) ghostzapper 11/03/2020 04:02PM
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (752 Views) richiebee 11/03/2020 04:20PM
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (727 Views) Fairmount1 11/03/2020 09:44PM
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (648 Views) johnnym 11/04/2020 05:08PM
Re: Baffert, Kentucky Machines, and Whips (721 Views) Boscar Obarra 11/04/2020 08:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.