Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Thanks P-Dub.......... P-Dubs day at the BC (567 Views)
Posted by: P-Dub (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2021 06:18PM

You're welcome, I forgot I posted that here. I would hope you weren't the only guy to play that. Never in doubt.

Its one of my best spot plays and is now 10-0 this year.

The time I used to spend playing the horses I know devote full time to sports handicapping. I play horses on the big days only. BC, TC and a few other big days when we have a big stakes card. I run a service that has around 60 signups. We do well and I have met some amazing people through this. One of them is the guy in the story below.

I did not have a profitable BC. "If" I would have included the winner of the turf on my tickets I hit the tri and exacta multiple times for a nice day......but I didn't after telling everyone within earshot to just play the Euro horses. I keyed #8 Broome all over.

I did have the 4/1 winner from Japan the 8 horse in the FM Turf race. It paid for the losers I punched after that race. Had a couple hundred to win on her.

One of the guys that gets my plays was at the BC with his friends, they go every year. Derby every year too, private jet. Yeah. Upstairs in a suite. Chatted a bit Friday, stayed in touch throughout the day.

Saturday he texts me that they may have 2 extra tix, do we want to come up. My best friend and horse playing maniac is with me. I politely said sure, even tho that question deserved the P-Dub treatment. I'm sitting in Sec 12 looking around giant posts....WTF do you think??

So he comes down and gives us our tickets, Seabiscuit Suite $975/per. Food, no waiting to place a bet. Table at the end, Looking down from the 1/8 pole on the rooftop, ocean view if you look left. Yeah, the view wasn't bad.

We meet his group, one of his good friends and his future father in law who is worth a ton. These guys were sending it in all day. I offered to pay for a few rounds, they said my money was no good. So we knocked back several Coronas and tequila shots throughout the day. Food was tasty. Matt C and G Stevens had Q and A session before the Distaff, I said hello to both of them but didn't hang out inside for that.

The day is done, we take a few pictures and he tells me that his future FIL and wife can't make dinner. They are tired from recent business travel, would we like to go to dinner? Why sure.

We meet at the Hilton after the races, I offer to buy a round, he again says your money is no good. We have a drink, shoot the @#$%&, keep track of some scores, and off to dinner. We grab an UBER X as the reg ones are 30 minutes away and the X is just 3 minutes.

The 4 of us head up the street to Pacific Coast Grill. Inside or outside the hostess asks. Its kinda chilly, maybe inside. She suggests we eat outside, we have heaters and we have a very nice table reserved for you. Sure why not.

Its right on the wall 10 yards from the ocean. What a friggin view. We had many appetizers, margaritas, and a nice entree. Great conversation, he's a very interesting guy. Former drummer, produces music, has a few Grammy nominations, toured all over with major acts...showed me a picture inside the clubhouse when SF won the WS. I asked how the Fk did you get in there?? One of the players is a good friend. Well alright then.

Back to the Hilton, said our good byes, thanked him for everything, and we drive back to San Diego.

I lost money but my best friend and I had a great time. Sometimes its the experience that matters. I hope some of you did better at the windows than I did, hard to imagine you had a better time (thats not a dig at all).

P-Dub

Subject Written By Posted
Thanks P-Dub (742 Views) IK 11/07/2021 02:50PM
Re: Thanks P-Dub.......... P-Dubs day at the BC (567 Views) P-Dub 11/07/2021 06:18PM
Re: Thanks P-Dub.......... P-Dubs day at the BC (625 Views) Strike 11/08/2021 01:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.