Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Bet with The Best Podcast (360 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: June 23, 2024 05:51PM

I think just about everyone I know that is a racing fan enjoys the radio shows, the podcasts, the track feeds, America's Day at the Races, reading others picks, the coverage by various sources, etc etc.

The Bet with the Best Podcast series has been terrific. A few guests are clearly just rubes masquerading as experts but if you have listened you can usually flesh out which ones are legit and which ones are phoney's. (No comment on the Len podcast as it is one of the few I haven't heard). That said, the podcast Chris put together does cover what I complain about below in a Generalized (ever-green as he calls it) way.

I also appreciate some of the podcasts covering a pick 5 sequence for big cards. Aragona and Milkowski probably do the best job in this regard but there are a few others.

That said, I'm wondering why there aren't tv shows or radio shows dedicated to serious wagering discussions on specific races. Most of these shows like to cover the horses one by one, or post horizontal plays or put up a token win or exacta bet that is pretty vanilla.

Is it that difficult to find people to articulate their opinion on a race? Example: In today's Xth race, I see an 11 horse field and there are 2 horses that I really like but they will be 1st and 3rd choice. I see 3 other horses I like but they can't win and one of them I really like is going to be 15-1. Here is how I would structure my bets. Then, a layout of a serious approach and play on the race?

I understand there is print material such as TG analysis that does this. But, a well thought out exact vertical approach, or a horizontal approach with an array of tickets emphasizing opinions seems beyond rare in the racing broadcast journalism world.

Is this because people don't want to acknowledge racing as a serious intellectual gambling game? Or is not profitable?

If you watched the NBC coverage of Ascot, you would think that racing is about talking to The Fonz and has nothing to do with handicapping. They would flash to the horses behind the gate moments before the race after having 20 minutes of genuine Garbage that had nothing to do with handicapping whatsoever.

I don't get it but hey, I'm not reliant on the industry and always want it to be fun as a serious hobby/past-time so that could be why I'm lost on this front.

Subject Written By Posted
Bet with The Best Podcast (689 Views) colt 06/18/2024 11:25AM
Re: Bet with The Best Podcast (588 Views) TGJB 06/18/2024 01:45PM
Re: Bet with The Best Podcast (429 Views) Roman 06/20/2024 02:12PM
Re: Bet with The Best Podcast (360 Views) Fairmount1 06/23/2024 05:51PM
Re: Bet with The Best Podcast (341 Views) shanahan 06/23/2024 07:45PM
Re: Bet with The Best Podcast (398 Views) Fairmount1 06/23/2024 09:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.