Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Acid (355 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2005 01:41PM

That stuff, in injectable form, has been around for over 20 years. It's basically synthetic joint fluid, and is a much better long term approach to dealing with joint problems than tapping and injecting cortisone, which over time eats away at bone. Having said that, while it certainly can make horses with problems more comfortable, it is tough to believe it can make horses run faster.

SoCal's earlier points are well taken. When the news came out that the rules were different for the Preakness than the Derby, I went ranting to Bill Finley, among others, trying to get him to write something for ESPN.com, and saying I would be willing to supply all the incendiary quotes he needed. One thing I was going to mention was exactly the point SoCal made-- the NFL, which is rabidly anti-gambling, publishes injury reports with player status so there isn't even the hint of impropriety. 100 million was bet on the Derby and almost as much on the Preakness, and they can't even make clear what rules the game is being played under?

There needs to be much more transparency, and it won't happen until the tracks stop seeing us as fans, and start realizing we are PLAYERS. Right now they think we are a bunch of dummies who are supposed to lose, and like it.

SoCal-- the proposal I made in the letter I wrote to the DRF dealt in spirit with the questions you raise, but the feed additives etc. are certainly some additional points to deal with.

On a more positive note, I have heard that some interesting things might be coming in California over the next few months. We'll see.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
"New Product ...to reduce injection frequency" (864 Views) Delmar Deb 05/22/2005 11:45PM
Re: "New Product ...to reduce injection frequency" (435 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 05/22/2005 11:58PM
Re: "New Product ...to reduce injection frequency" (410 Views) SoCalMan2 05/23/2005 10:46AM
Re: "New Product ...to reduce injection frequency" (416 Views) Michael D. 05/23/2005 11:04AM
Re: "New Product ...to reduce injection frequency" (388 Views) razzle 05/23/2005 12:03PM
Re: "New Product ...to reduce injection frequency" (414 Views) Michael D. 05/23/2005 01:24PM
Re: Acid (355 Views) TGJB 05/23/2005 01:41PM
Re: "New Product ...to reduce injection frequency" (392 Views) Delmar Deb 05/23/2005 06:08PM
Re: (372 Views) SJU5 05/23/2005 04:48PM
Re: "New Product ...to reduce injection frequency" (377 Views) TGJB 05/23/2005 05:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.