Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: new GP (531 Views)
Posted by: Silver Charm (IP Logged)
Date: April 02, 2006 05:43PM

Michael I will repost here since you asked. The other string came up this morning and I have been to busy to respond until now and I guess you were bringing up your string at the same time.

Regarding the Paddock view its nice but its not Del Mar. Lacks three things Del Mar has, not enough space, grass or silicon. Does have Del Mar beat in the Blue Hair department.

Otherwise a lot of what you say is true.

>Do not know enough about the kickback to comment but one thing I did hear Gary say, between jumping back and forth from telecasts, was that Brother Derek was his pick for the Derby. Other than I guess Watchmaker someone not afraid to stick his neck out. And guess what guys you can still change your opinion.

>From what I could tell both telecasts were very good and my hats off to Mike Pegram. A guy I have always respected when given the choice between the old traditional small purse trophy at the old traditional track or a boatload of cash, regardless of where he has to go, will take the money everytime. How many zeros and commas does tradition have in it?

>Stevens opinion is not to be taken lightly. Here is another intelligent and highly qualified opinion to see the place firsthand and probably leave shaking his head. (My words not his) The crowd of 11,800 was only 2,000 more than what they drew at Tampa for Tampa Derby Day.

>Stronach came on the air after the Pan American victory and said be patient they were going to be putting in more seating. A stainless steel uncovered bleacher that is like sitting on a hot waffle iron will not cut it.

>I spoke with Boston Barry this morning who said he arrived at 11:00AM fried in sun, had no place to sit, stood in long lines and got totally cleaned until the last at Penn Nat'l, around midnight.

>TGJB I thought I read once you said that Ro Parro, your #1 client, was one of the top executives at Dell. I heard the CEO Kevin Rollins recently in an interview on Bloomberg and the questioner asked him that early on his dissenters said he was aloof, arrogant, just a tough guy to work for and deal with. The questioner asked him what he had done to change that, which he admitted he has, and his response was very simple. Rollins said I listen more.

>Frank are you listening.

Subject Written By Posted
new GP (826 Views) Michael D. 04/02/2006 05:23PM
Re: new GP (531 Views) Silver Charm 04/02/2006 05:43PM
Re: new GP (507 Views) NoCarolinaTony 04/03/2006 12:05AM
Re: new GP (483 Views) Silver Charm 04/03/2006 07:50AM
Re: new GP (464 Views) Michael D. 04/03/2006 10:45AM
Re: new GP (461 Views) NoCarolinaTony 04/03/2006 11:00AM
Re: new GP (463 Views) bobphilo 04/03/2006 03:31PM
Re: new GP (444 Views) Silver Charm 04/03/2006 04:22PM
Re: new GP (479 Views) P-Dub 04/04/2006 02:15AM
Re: new GP (495 Views) trackjohn 04/03/2006 11:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.