Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: new GP (483 Views)
Posted by: Silver Charm (IP Logged)
Date: April 03, 2006 07:50AM

Michael I reread your post and it is amazing how perspective makes one feel

1.) can't watch them saddle, a mistake in my opinion,

2.)two huge picnic areas (not yet completed).

3.) although those damn horse wizard tables just waste space.

4.) flat screens everywhere, with every track in the country. if you like wandering around, getting a good look at the horses, and getting in some good simulcasting action, you've come to the right place.

5.) virtually no grandstand/clubhouse bleacher seating. if you enjoy watching the races live with your binocs from a few levels up, you're out of luck.

6.) the main issue is the 9f dirt layout. they have carded a lot of nice 9f races, but they are losing quality three year olds to other tracks. time to address that issue.

7.) i also think the turf course is too hard, but that will change over the years.

8.) finances are another issue, but everyone in the biz is hurting. let's see how the numbers look in a few years.

9.) i've heard people say there isn't enough outdoor space. there is plenty of outdoor table/picnic bench seating, and the outdoor walking ring area is nice, but they definitely substituted bar/restaurant areas and outdoor private boxes for general outdoor bleacher seating. the average fan loses here.

Most of your responses are pointing out mistakes or failure on the part of mgmt to make it right the first time. They can still change some of these things however. In response to NC Tony I would be curious if you went on Saturday because my source Boston Barry told me it was so crowded item number 4 was out. There was no moving around and watching a little of this a little of that. Too many people and yet the crowd was only 11,800.

I looked at Magna's Financial Filings and of the $100M in losses 35M was Depr and another 35M was Interest on his debt service. Not the end of the of the world. The Interest piece can be overcome with more operating cash but that takes customers.

Ooooooops forgot to put in enough space for them.

Also do not think that the vicinity of the Palm Meadows facility gives him a big leg up. Ocala is not that much further away from Tampa and the facilities in Ocala are much better. There are plenty of good people in the industry who have a vested interest in this and can help Stronach. He needs to listen to them. When its all done and said they can let him take all the credit and say it was his original idea in the first place.

He is the visionary........right?

Subject Written By Posted
new GP (827 Views) Michael D. 04/02/2006 05:23PM
Re: new GP (532 Views) Silver Charm 04/02/2006 05:43PM
Re: new GP (508 Views) NoCarolinaTony 04/03/2006 12:05AM
Re: new GP (483 Views) Silver Charm 04/03/2006 07:50AM
Re: new GP (465 Views) Michael D. 04/03/2006 10:45AM
Re: new GP (461 Views) NoCarolinaTony 04/03/2006 11:00AM
Re: new GP (464 Views) bobphilo 04/03/2006 03:31PM
Re: new GP (445 Views) Silver Charm 04/03/2006 04:22PM
Re: new GP (480 Views) P-Dub 04/04/2006 02:15AM
Re: new GP (495 Views) trackjohn 04/03/2006 11:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.