Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: The End of Racing (609 Views)
Posted by: imallin (IP Logged)
Date: June 11, 2006 12:45PM

Nice post, i agree.

Why not experiment with Hollywood? After all, when SA ends in mid April, trainers 'freshen up' their good stock for Delmar. Hol gets the 'sandwich effect' and there aren't as many good hosses running there in the 'dog days'.

WHy not install polytrack at Hollywood, see how it runs, see how it affects handle and whatnut and then make a much more informed decision on santa anita or delmar.

Its like a girl going to a plastic surgeon for a nose job from a doc she found in the yellow pages and when she gets there, she decides to have EVERYTHING done. WHy wouldn't you just get the nose job and see if that doctor is any good? If he's bad, you screw EVERYTHING up.

One last point.....the horseplayers. Personally, i don't want to handicap polytrack for 12 consecutive months. I'd LOVE it if hollywood polytrack form showed up at Del Mar at 6-5 morning line on occasion ...i'd like to be able to decide as a handicapper which 'polytrack horses' i'd want to bet against when switching circuits.

Think of how many LESS carryovers SO Cal is going to have if all tracks are polytrack? Think of the extra revenue SO Cal gets when there's a carryover. I have to imagine that if a slew of polytrack sharpies showed up at delmar, lots of them would lose at short prices creating carryovers.

I don't like it as a horseplayer, but i have no choice but to adapt. If i see i can't win betting polytrack, or i see that i do 'less well' betting that stuff, its on to greener pastures, i'll find another track to spend my time on.

Subject Written By Posted
DRF Article on poly (1027 Views) asfufh 06/11/2006 12:10AM
Re: DRF Article on poly (620 Views) sighthound 06/11/2006 12:24AM
The End of Racing (590 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 06/11/2006 08:03AM
Re: The End of Racing (548 Views) richiebee 06/11/2006 11:26AM
Re: The End of Racing (609 Views) imallin 06/11/2006 12:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.