Carter (701 Views)
Posted by: bfick
Date: June 06, 2020 09:57AM
Nice to have Belmont back with a great betting card today. Shug sends out two exciting colts making their 4 year old debuts and as much as I think both have big 2 year old campaigns ahead of them, today is a day to play against them at low odds.
1. FF- has the numbers, but let's see how he does first time away from Service. Toss at low odds.
2. Performer- super talented colt who I think has a big year ahead. Will get a good trip but probably needs a new top to get into the top spots. Shug's as steady as they come, and will have this one ready, but going to play against him for top honors and use defensively underneath.
3. Still Having Fun- Has a race 2 years ago at the track that would make him playable to hit the board but has done nothing outside of Laurel since then to even consider. Easy Toss
4. Nitrous- Needs a new top and today could be the day. Got right back to his three year top in his 4 yr. old debut and has had plenty of time off to fire a good one today. Wide trip likely so tough to endorse for all the marbles, but definite use underneath at the price.
5. Network Effort- Already has a three year old fig to contend and now gets 8 pounds from the fastest horse and looks to be sitting on a forward move. Not expecting to get ML odds, but anything in 5-1 range makes him the play.
6. Midnightcharley- too slow. toss
7. American Anthem- has races that at one point would have made him the favorite for this race. Has since fallen off with new trainer. A return to those races would make him a major player and double digit price makes this guy interesting. Will be using in all slots.
8. Bon Raison- Heavy hitter has some goods races but most are ground loaded. Another wide trip coming and OTB most likely outcome.
9. Majestic Dunhill- Has only one race in his lifetime that would give him a chance to hit the board. Toss
10. Mind Control- Fastest horse in the race and has has plenty of time since 2 point top. However, at the weight and another wide trip he is a play against at low odds.
11. Vekoma- Tough horse to watch run with paddling style but no doubting there's some talent here. First race was perfect comeback and expect him to fire another strong one here today.Must use.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.