Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Burning up the Donn or will Harlan take a Holiday? (1275 Views)
Posted by: derby1592 (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2003 08:43PM

This looks like a playable race. Harlan's Holiday is the heavy favorite off his big win in last. The big effort combined with the weight and the post make him vulnerable (I think I remember saying something like that about Congaree not too long ago...).

I like Blue Burner. I usually don't like to bet a horse with so many other faster horses in the race but he has a very nice line and Mott is very good second off layoff and you have to figure he was pointed for this. A new top would not be a surprise and any improvement puts him right there. He runs well at GP and the pace is likely to be hot, which should setup his closing kick.

I also like Hero's tribute. He has a solid line, is pretty fast, draws a good post with tactical speed and is one of the few contenders not coming into the race on the heels of a big effort.

There are some other fast horses but none look pointed to a good effort in my estimation.

-Windsor Castle is very solid but coming off a big effort. Still he is a contender.

-Bonus Pack is another coming off big top and the post will hurt but he also has a shot.

-Puzzlement is similar to Blue Burner but slower going in and I think less likely to improve off his last. If he does improve, he has a chance.

-Request For Parole is a bit slow and the post hurts.

- Mr. John is ouchy and coming off a top and always reacts to tops. Does draw rail though.

- Free of Love is another coming off a top.

- St. Verre is coming off a big top and the pace will likely hurt.

- Keats is an another ouchy type coming off an effort and the pace will hurt.

I plan to key Blue Burner assuming he goes off near the morning line (Mott/Bailey may drive the price down) and use Hero's Tribute heavily with him in the gimmicks and toss HH and hope for the best.

Any other opinions out there? I am sure there are as this is an interesting, competitive race.

Good luck to all.

Chris

Subject Written By Posted
Burning up the Donn or will Harlan take a Holiday? (1275 Views) derby1592 02/21/2003 08:43PM
Re: Burning up the Donn or will Harlan take a Holiday? (766 Views) kev 02/21/2003 09:44PM
Forecasts. (829 Views) Mall 02/21/2003 10:34PM
Re: Forecasts. (694 Views) derby1592 02/21/2003 11:11PM
Re: Forecasts. (765 Views) OPM 02/22/2003 01:28AM
Re: Forecasts. (767 Views) mhoff66 02/22/2003 07:22AM
Re: Burning up the Donn or will Harlan take a Holiday? (708 Views) Michael D. 02/22/2003 09:44AM
Re: Burning up the Donn or will Harlan take a Holiday? (847 Views) Silver Charm 02/22/2003 11:02AM
Re: Burning up the Donn or will Harlan take a Holiday? (776 Views) fasteddie 02/22/2003 02:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.