Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Razzle and the other board (522 Views)
Posted by: jimbo66 (IP Logged)
Date: September 06, 2005 01:25PM

Razzle,

I guess what I don't understand is why things get so off subject when somebody from that board posts to somebody on this board. I was talking about comparing the products and doing a current study, using the Fall Belmont meet. Somewhat selfish, since I bet the NYRA circuit, but nonetheless this would have taken up a lot of my time, so I picked the circuit I am interested in. Len did fax me a study, which I thanked him for. It was a little dated and was focused on Hollywood (at least the breakouts of the stats were only given for that track, the other tracks used were grouped into a composite). I didn't discredit the study, but the fact is that since it was 1994 and no specifics were provided as to the horses used, figures, etc.etc, I still felt that it would be relevant to serious gamblers who use either product to compare numbers and results currently.

I posted on that board an invitation to attack the study jointly with a Rags user, and I SUGGESTED a methodology, although made it clear that I was open to suggestions as to how it should be done.

Len responded by taking shots at my methodology and asking for an apology because I wanted to know who did the 1994 study. Impartiality should be important in any study, which is why I asked a Rags user to join me in the study I proposed.

The responses I got on that board were wisecracks, potshots, etc.etc, except for Steve Plever.

Now, you post on this board and instead of talking about any real issue, you keep reiterating that I couldn't get a password from the Rags board. Why is that even relevant. Last summer, at the same time I asked for one here, I requested a password to the Rags board. I got a message saying that the password would be emailed to me shortly. I never got it. I don't know why, maybe it was blocked as spam when they emailed it. I didn't care enough to investigate. I mentioned in passing on this board in a different thread that I never got my password and beyerguy was nice enough to send me his. I didn't use it right away, because I didn't have the need. But I remembered it because it happened to be the name of a horse I bet in the Haskell about 20 years ago. So, when Indulto challenged me to join that board and defend my comments, I used it. Clearly stating in the subject that it was jimbo66. I gave my name again in the postings there.

So, yes, I find it disingenuous when Len posts over there this weekend about the anonymous posts and specifically says "he wishes he wasn't the last to know that beyerguy was actually jimbo66 and not the former beyerguy.

And why is the topic of choice of Len, yourself and others over there to discuss anonymous posts, Jerry's lawsuit, Jerry's character, Jerry's emails, etc.etc.?

Did you notice the response over here to this? About 10 people chimed in with their own views on how a study could be done and how they would like the methodology to work. That is an interesting topic, at least it should be.

I am going to pass on the veiled comments you made about my inability get passwords considering what I claim is my job, and also your implications about algorithms, interfaces and probabilities. Maybe I am stupid, unemployed and don't know a thing about technology. It is irrelevant to any of the discussions about either board and your views posted here.

Subject Written By Posted
Razzle and the other board (925 Views) jimbo66 09/05/2005 11:14PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (6511 Views) razzle 09/06/2005 12:47PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (522 Views) jimbo66 09/06/2005 01:25PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (501 Views) 09/06/2005 01:58PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (479 Views) jimbo66 09/06/2005 02:13PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (460 Views) razzle 09/06/2005 03:17PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (611 Views) jimbo66 09/06/2005 03:49PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (586 Views) razzle 09/06/2005 04:08PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (502 Views) bdhsheets 09/06/2005 11:14PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (473 Views) HP 09/07/2005 08:50AM
Re: Razzle and the other board (513 Views) HP 09/07/2005 08:51AM
Re: Razzle and the other board (594 Views) bdhsheets 09/07/2005 10:52AM
Re: Razzle and the other board (669 Views) TGJB 09/06/2005 01:28PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (509 Views) razzle 09/06/2005 04:02PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (613 Views) TGJB 09/06/2005 05:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.