Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Razzle and the other board (459 Views)
Posted by: razzle (IP Logged)
Date: September 06, 2005 03:17PM

Jimbo,

"I am going to pass on the veiled comments you made about my inability get passwords considering what I claim is my job, and also your implications about algorithms, interfaces and probabilities"

They aren't "veiled". Nothing I've done or said is "veiled"; nothing you've said is unacknowledged, as it relates to me. I believe you about the programmers and the math and the computers. Your statements just didn't jibe with being unable to get a password on the Ragozin board?

"I never got it[password]. I don't know why, maybe it was blocked as spam when they e-mailed it. I didn't care enough to investigate. I mentioned in passing on this board in a different thread that I never got my password and beyerguy was nice enough to send me his."

That speaks directly to what I asked about. Thank you for the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. I accept that. I read it when you originally posted it some time ago. It's just that then you couched your statement in language making it sound like it was so difficult for you to do. I like your ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that it was because you didn't care enough.

"Now, you post on this board and instead of talking about any real issue,"

I have no position on the contest/study/methodology you propose. That has never been the topic of my posts. You are free to say what is a "real issue" for you, not for me. My posts are about COMMUNICATION as it relies on the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of anothers' point of view. That is missing from JB. I took some shots at him on the other board, I came here so he would have opportunity to face his accuser(a human courtesy) and to clarify my concerns about his omission of ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

Further, in assessing which product to use, one can do a study, challenge the methodologies, or, one can make an assessment about the credibility of the person of the purveyor . You are interested in the methodology. I'm assessing the person. How does he sound to you?

Oh, you didn't even acknowledge my apology? That's truly a shame as they(apologies) are indeed a rare commodity on these boards.

Also, you made an accusation about identities and e-mail addresses. I ACKNOWLEDGED that, and provided mine, with a note about the justifications for protection. You have selectively ignored that.

" Did you notice the response over here to this? About 10 people chimed in with their own views on how a study could be done and how they would like the methodology to work. That is an interesting topic, at least it should be.
"

Jimbo, again, this is about your topic of the study. As I said, I have no opinion about it. I do think you've stirred some interest in others for doing such a study. More power to you. Regarding the nastiness and personal attacks that creep into these posts, on both boards, I think they are adolescent. I AGREE with you. I can't take any responsibility for what others chose to do. However, if, in responding to a post, one goes to the trouble to ACKNOWLEDGE what the other is saying, the personal attacks dissipate(Seek first to understand, then to be understood-- from the 7 Habits of Highly Effective [Handicappers]). Thanks for making my point from another direction.

"Maybe I am stupid, unemployed and don't know a thing about technology"

Please, Jimbo, having one guy over here manufacturing his own insults to reply to i s quite enough. I know you are not stupid. I believe you supervise 100 programmers. I'm sure you know far more than me about technology.

" I guess what I don't understand is why things get so off subject when somebody from that board posts to somebody on this board."

I agree with you, again.

Subject Written By Posted
Razzle and the other board (925 Views) jimbo66 09/05/2005 11:14PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (6511 Views) razzle 09/06/2005 12:47PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (522 Views) jimbo66 09/06/2005 01:25PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (501 Views) 09/06/2005 01:58PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (479 Views) jimbo66 09/06/2005 02:13PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (459 Views) razzle 09/06/2005 03:17PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (610 Views) jimbo66 09/06/2005 03:49PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (585 Views) razzle 09/06/2005 04:08PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (502 Views) bdhsheets 09/06/2005 11:14PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (473 Views) HP 09/07/2005 08:50AM
Re: Razzle and the other board (512 Views) HP 09/07/2005 08:51AM
Re: Razzle and the other board (594 Views) bdhsheets 09/07/2005 10:52AM
Re: Razzle and the other board (668 Views) TGJB 09/06/2005 01:28PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (508 Views) razzle 09/06/2005 04:02PM
Re: Razzle and the other board (613 Views) TGJB 09/06/2005 05:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.